Monday, May 14, 2007

chchchile 2

Herrera p. 58

“You are the paper, oyeme, Mamita, you are the words, you. Not me. Look at yourself put the words on paper – You.”

This paper is saying how he feels about his writing. Since he is writing about his mother, he is telling her that is is her that decides what the story is about, and what happens. She is like a book herself, or at least that is how Herrera sees her.”

Herrera p. 39

“Corporate handshake molds. Camouflage wedding rings.”

In this entry, he is just saying what seems like random things. I did not understand the message that he was trying to convey, and I say little use in reading a random assortment of words in which I could find no meaning. I did, however, find two lines that I really felt were interesting. The first, makes me think of how in corporate world, it all about handshakes. Its not all about handshakes, but that is one thing that seems to mean noting, but it s actually a way that many people judge others. And the mold part, it says to me how there I a mold in which everyone in coroporate world puts there hand before a handshake. The second quote, I liked because of how it is an oxymoron almost. A wedding ring is to show that you are married, so why would you try to hide it? It would be more practical to just take it off. I don’t know, probably stupid, but just my thoughts, which look better in my head then on paper.

No comments: