Wednesday, May 16, 2007

chile 3

Herrera p. 69

“My mother published a thousand poems and a thousand songs in the quiet air of our house. Recitals were held at any given moment, unexpectedly, during a pause in a dry conversation, or just during the day.”

This quote was one of my favorite quotes because once again he talks about poems and writing, not as formal pieces of work, but as anything with words. I really like how he say that his mom published these works, when she only said or sang them. She was not even singing to other people, just to herself.


Herrera p. 69

“A women asked me what writers influenced me, who did I read? I said, my mother.”

This quote is connected to my first quote. They both talk about his mother being a writer. He says that his mother is that writer who influenced him, because he sees how everything that she says is like a poem, and that is what he grew up to.

No comments: