Friday, May 11, 2007

chile!!! 1

Herrera p. 5

"Ok, Mom. Just put your foot in this pan of hot water. Hold the toe up, Juan, come on. Ok, now, give me that razor. What razor? Your papi's brand new Gillette. It's not brand nweww, Mama. 'S OK, the hot water and the salt will burn the germs."

I found this quote very interesting. Its from the beggining of the story, and he gives no context about this short entry. He does not use quotations to seprate what him and his mama are saying. He does not seperate it at all. I found this style very interesting.

Herrera p. 8

"I drop my burdens from my lungs that fill them. I drop my burdens from my stomach that knots them. I drop my burdens from my body that holds them."

I really liked this quote becuase it reminded me of a chant. It is much longer that this, but every other line is "i drop my burdens" this makes it seem like a spiritual song. i find Herrera's stlye of writing like this very creative, and effective.

No comments: